These remarkable pork strips with capsicum and broccoli are filling, healthy and delicious. Served with steamed vegetables or white rice, this dish makes a terrific lunch and dinner option that I’m sure you’ll enjoy.
- 500g pork steak, cut into strips
- 8 baby capsicums (red, orange or yellow), sliced into thin strips or squares
- 500g broccoli florets, cut into halves
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoons vegetable or sesame oil (for frying)
- Stir soy sauce, honey and sesame oil in a small bowl until combined.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large wok over high heat until oil glistens. Add the pork and stir fry until golden. Remove from wok.
- Heat another tablespoon of oil in the work. Add garlic and pepper. Stir fry for half a minute, then add broccoli, capsicums and water. Stir until the broccoli is bright green, about two minutes.
- Return the pork, along with any drippings, to the wok. Stir until combined and heated through, about two minutes. Serve with rice or steamed vegetables.