A few days ago, I realized that I had some potatoes that weren’t moving. They’d been there a few days, and I hadn’t done anything with it.
So I looked in the freezer, found some pork steak, and put together a quick and easy fry that made this dish a home run with my kiddos! Check out this fast recipe for garlic pork steak with potatoes.
- Half a kilo of pork steak, cut into strips
- Around a quarter kilo of potatoes, quartered
- One tablespoon olive oil
- Three tablespoons butter, divided
- Five garlic cloves, minced
- Fresh or dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- A third cup soy sauce, one tablespoon olive oil, and a few dashes of Frank’s Red Hot for the pork marinade.
1. In a large bowl, combine the pork steak strips with a marinade of soy sauce, olive oil, and hot sauce. Leave for about 30 minutes. Meanwhile, boil your potato quarters for about ten minutes.
3. Set a large pan to medium-high heat. Combine one tablespoon olive oil with a tablespoon of butter. Drop the potatoes in and cook until golden. Remove from pan.
4. Put two tablespoons of butter back in the same pan, and add the pork. Cook on both sides until lightly brown, then add the potatoes and remaining marinade. Cook until done, remove from heat, and serve immediately.