For this week’s Thursday Thirteen (Fridays in Manila), I write down 13 Christian songs you have to hear.
1. Unrestrained. Calvin Nowell, Mandisa, Myron Butler & Levi, and Tony Sutherland all have their own versions of this amazing anointed song about unashamed worship.
2. The Glory by Avalon. A majestic song about Jesus Christ and the implications of His sacrifice on the cross.
3. You Are Everything by Matthew West. A glorious anthemic ballad about God’s love.
4. Happy by Ayiesha Woods. A light, summery pop ditty about how God can satisfy, with a can’t-let-go sing-along chorus.
5. I Need You to Love Me by BarlowGirl. An emotional slow song from the definitive Christian rock girl group that sings of how one needs God.
6. Set the World On Fire by Britt Nicole. A sparse guitar-driven ballad with a powerful, emotional chorus, that focuses on how one thirsts to be used by God.
7. Sing of our God by Jaime Jamgochian. A great sing-along praise song of God’s glory and magnificence. Definite must-have for worship leaders to use in church.
8. Undo by Rush of Fools. A song about repentance by one of Christian rock’s newest stars.
9. Unleashed by Warren Barfield. This toe-tapper that sings of God’s goodness is one of Barfield’s best gems. Shame it was never released.
10. You’re Not Alone by Meredith Andrews. Another great power ballad, delivered with class and restraint that can only be Spirit-filled.
11. Promises by New Life Worship/Ross Parsley. Anthemic Def Leppard song is guaranteed congregation-pleaser.
12. Empty Me by Chris Sligh. American Idol also-ran releases solid debut single with power-pop sing-along chorus about giving up something for something greater.
13. Magpasalamat by Ganns Deen. This song placed in the Top 3 of the Kerygma Songwriting Contest last year. It’s a Filipino song that means ‘Give Thanks.’ You can download it for free here. :) (If you do, please let me know what you think.)
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. Itâ€™s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!