The Philippine blogosphere has long ignored a focal niche market: the Filipino-Christian blog.
I estimate around 5% of Philippine blogs are overtly Christian in nature, and this number is growing. Even as more Filipino-Christians make the foray into social media marketing – fancy talk for blogs, podcasts, and the like – without any real idea of the implications of being an online ambassador for Christ and the Philippines, Christian media leaders are coming together to engage believers, establish them in the faith, equip them with ideas on how to really be effective witnesses for Christ online, and empower them to go forth and Multiply, so to speak.
Redeem The Airwaves: Upload! is a three-day media conference on tapping the effective potential of various types of traditional and digital media for Jesus Christ. Running from April 10 to 12 at the Lighthouse Christian Community Building along Buencamino Street in Alabang, Redeem The Airwaves: Upload! is the ultimate starting block and the ideal stepping stone for Christians and their communities seeking to use social media networking to their best advantage: to honor God and make disciples.The conference features the following topics and speakers:
- Making Sense as a Communicator, Francis J. Kong
- Blogging 101, Joey Bonifacio
- Radio 101 and the Future, Mike Pedero
- Podcasting, Jim Reyes and Arnold Gamboa
- Making Videos for the Internet, John Tan of CBN Asia
- The Role of Christians in Media, Julius Fabregas
- The Long Tail Economy, Dr. Chuck Quinley
- Media Values vs. Christian Values, Kata Inocencio
- Organizing Life-Changing Events, Ardy Roberto
- Song Composition, Jungee Marcelo
- Launching Your Band, Roca Cruz
I, for one, think this event is gonna be bananas! You can visit Redeem The Airwaves online, email email@example.com for reservations and inquiries or call 339.0140 or 0918.959.EDGE for more information.
Go, Filipino-Christian bloggers! GO! Super-duper mega EB! :)