Last night, I wanted to put together a dish that had vegetables in it since I had a lot of veggies–including snow peas that I got at Coles for less than two dollars–and didn’t want them to go to waste.
So I decided to put together an Asian-inspired stir-fry with chicken as the star and colourful ingredients in phenomenal supporting roles. The end result was quite delicious.
- Half a kilo of cubed chicken breast
- Three tablespoons of vegetable oil
- One cup of organic chicken stock
- Four tablespoons soy sauce
- Two tablespoons cornflour
- Four tablespoons of minced garlic
- One cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- Two cups snow peas
- Half a cup of broccoli florets
- One red capsicum, chopped julien
- One tablespoon sesame oil
- In a measuring cup, combine the chicken stock, soy sauce, and cornflour.
- In a large saucepan, sauté the chicken and garlic until the chicken is cooked. Add mushrooms, broccoli, capsicum, and chicken stock mixture. Cook until chicken is cooked through.
- Add snow peas, cover the saucepan, and cook about five minutes. Add the sesame oil and stir about a minute, transfer to a large serving bowl, and serve.