My children are currently with my in-laws for the next few weeks because their summer vacation has started. While I will miss them, of course, the good news is that I get to control what I eat and do over the next four weeks. I’ll still see them every weekend, though, and I chat with my wife daily.
Sepanx is real.
Meanwhile, I’m finishing the meat in the refrigerator, then stocking up on luscious fruits and vegetables for the next month. I’m so excited, fam!
Tonight, my friends from the office will be taking me out for a goodbye dinner, so all I had to take care of was breakfast and lunch. For lunch, I used The Recipe Critic‘s brilliant Honey Lemon Ginger Chicken Tenders recipe, and turned it up a notch with a lot more garlic! I prepared this with some steamed buttered cauliflower, broccoli, and carrots. Overall, a great dish!
- 2 boneless chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon rice bran oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Bragg’s apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Coconut Secret coconut aminos (soy sauce alternative)
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- In a medium saucepan, sauté olive oil, minced garlic, and ginger for about two minutes.
- Add honey, lemon juice, lemon zest, apple cider vinegar, soy sauce, and cornstarch and bring to a boil.
- Cut the chicken into bite sized pieces and add to a medium skillet. Cook about 4-5 minutes until no longer pink in center and the outside is starting to brown.
- Add the sauce to the chicken and toss to coat.
- Serve with buttered vegetables.