This 2012, I will be participating in the Seven-Day Prayer and Fasting activity of Victory, a church in the Philippines that exists to honor God and make disciples. For today and the next seven days, we will enjoy the presence of God by selecting one of three types of fast – liquid, one meal, or water – and participate in nightly prayer meetings that will bring us closer to the heart of God and help us discern His desire for our lives, as well as to set faith goals for 2012.
My faith goals for 2012 are the following:
1) To draw even closer to God, taking our relationship even deeper than ever before
2) To have even more time with my wife and children
3) To strike a good work-life balance (since I am a certified workaholic)
4) Good health and a 40-lb weight loss by the end of the year
On a more indulgent note, I am also believing God for:
5) A five-day trip to South Korea for my wife and me this year (it’s our 10th wedding anniversary)
6) A new car (why not?!)
Luke 1:37 tells me that there is nothing impossible with God, and I am looking forward to an exciting seven days of waiting on God. It’s going to be wild.