I admit 2009 may not have been the banner year for me in terms of my relationship with God, but I am determined to draw closer to Him in 2010. I acknowledge that one of the main reasons why 2009 was so difficult for me was because I spent most of it really relying on myself instead of Him. Any Christian with a steady relationship with God knows that kind of lifestyle is going to fall short because we are not very good sources of strength. We gotta remain plugged into the source.
When God is the source, everything else falls into place naturally. This year, I am making God the source of:
1) Focus for my personal growth and direction. I’m really going to build my relationship with God in 2010. I’m going to devote more time to Him in prayer, make it a regular thing, look forward to it more than anything else. There’s no other recourse for it; when I’m not plugged in, I’m all headless chicken! For instance, in 2009, I thought I was heading somewhere, then it turns out I wasn’t. Or am I? In 2010, I’m going to really sit down and listen to what He has to say. No more second-guessing. It’s going to be clear where God is going to take me.
2) Direction for my marriage. In 2010, my wife and I are going to draw closer by uniting our decisions in Him and really aligning our decisions with His will.
3) Joy for my kids. I’m going to believe God for healing for my kids and their own personal growth. I really believe Nathan may grow up to become a prayer warrior. Last night, for instance, Cathy and I were stuck in bed, nursing colds. (Yeah, terrific way to start the new year.) He prayed for his mother and me, completely without being told, out of his own personal volition. My heart just melted out of gratitude to God for blessing me with such a faithful son. When a six-year-old prays for your healing, how can you not believe?
4) Strength for my weight loss program. Psalm 65:11 tells us, “You crown the year with your bounty, & your carts overflow with abundance,” but the King James version of Psalms 65:11 reads, “Thou crownest the year with thy goodness; and thy paths drop fatness.” 2010 is going to be my year because my paths will drip fatness… literally! I’m going to jumpstart my fitness program!
5) Inspiration for my personal ministry. I’m believing God will renew my worship ministry this year. Whether it will be at Greenhills or at Fort, I’m believing God will jump-start my songwriting skills and inspire new songs that will glorify His Name and bring people closer to Him or stir a desire to know Him and His attributes more.
What are you believing God for this year?