As of October 10, 2009, these are my top 10 favorite songs.
1. Sorry Sorry (new) Super Junior
2. Begin Again (new) Colbie Caillat
3. I Want to Know What Love Is (new) Mariah Carey
4. One Reason (1) Chynna & Vaughan
5. Somebody to Love (new) The Glee Cast
6. Reborn (3) Avalon
7. Blessed Be Your Name (2) Ashmont Hill
8. Doesn’t Mean Anything (10) Alicia Keys
9. Cowboy Casanova (8) Carrie Underwood
10. Million-Dollar Bill (new) Whitney Houston
I gotta be honest here. This week, against my own personal taste, Super Junior’s Sorry Sorry, which my wife introduced to me, registered the most iPod airplay this week. (Owing to the massive 20+ play on Monday, the day I went to SM Mall of Asia, when the song defined itself as one of the best brisk-walk-around-the-mall songs I’ve heard in a while). So it debuts at #1, defeating debuts from Mariah Carey, Whitney Houston, Colbie Caillat, and the Glee Cast. Gosh, I don’t know how to feel about this. LOL
Super Junior is also the only all-male act in the chart this week; while Ashmont Hill – who place Blessed Be Your Name in the chart this week – may have two male vocalists, and the Glee Cast’s Somebody to Love features both male and female vocals, Super Junior’s the only exclusively male vocal on the chart. And they’re #1. Hihihi.
Anyway, I’m thinking about doing a mash-up between Mariah and Tina Arena’s versions of the Foreigner hit, I Want to Know What Love Is. However, the fade in and fade out options of Audacity don’t seem to be working for me; GarageBand also seems to be a little bleh for this purpose. So hm, should I just let this idea pass by?