Happy New Year, everyone! I hope you’ve all had great New Year’s celebrations. If you didn’t, well, that’s okay. It’s always good, though, to start the new year on a positive note, given that most people think it’s a time for a ‘fresh start.’
Personally, I’ve mapped out five simple goals for 2008:
1) Live Out the Deen Family Mission Statement. My wife Cathy and I finished a Deen Family Mission Statement to guide us, Nicki, and Nathan in our day-to-day. It’s going to be challenging to live it out, but I know we can do it, by God’s grace.
2) Get Perfect Proposals: Popping the Question the Pinoy Way published. I started a book in 2004 and finished it, but circumstances beyond my control have delayed publication. Well, this has been too long in the back burners; I have got to publish this book!
3) Lose that holiday weight. Benj got it right – I gained a lot of weight back since my 25-lb loss halfway through the year. Gotta get back on track.
4) Finish at least two new songs a month. I need to continue songwriting so I don’t get rusty. 12 songs a year isn’t much of an output, but it’ll keep me on track.
5) Finish reading the Bible again. It’s a fresh new start! I love to get into the Word.
If you have your own simple goals, please do let me know by posting a link in my Comments box. I’ll be sure to swing by your blogs and perhaps even keep you in prayer.
Have a great 2008!