Toni of Wifely Steps challenges her readers, in an Iron Chef -type manner, to come up with recipes for fruit cocktail. Most of the folks whoâ€™ve posted thus far have suggested dessert recipes, so I decided to submit a recipe that picks up on an original recipe from my mother.
By the way, did you notice, in my trying to be classy and picture-perfect, one of Nathan’s toy blocks in the flower vase?! LOL I only saw that now!
GANNSâ€™ EAT-SOME SWEET HUM
5 slices of CDO Cooked Ham
2 small cans of Del Monte Fruit Cocktail (Lychee Flavor, mmm)
1 teaspoon of sugar
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Bring the syrup of the two cans of Del Monte to a boil in a medium saucepan.
2. Put the ham in, and cook until almost all syrup is gone.
3. Empty the fruits into the saucepan. Place one teaspoon of sugar in one of the empty cans of fruit cocktail and half-fill it with water.
4. Empty the can into the saucepan and cook for five minutes or until syrup thickens slightly.
5. Plate the ham. Spoon the fruits onto the ham or on the side.
6. Drizzle the syrup onto the ham and fruits and serve immediately.