These are the Top 10 songs on Billboard’s Hot Christian Songs chart, as of May 9, 2015. Hillsong United’s Oceans (Where Feet May Fail) scores a 49th week at No.1 in its 84th week on the chart. Meanwhile, Third Day’s Soul on Fire knocks Carrie Underwood’s Something in the Water to No.3 and becomes the newest challenger to Oceans.
If Third Day replaces United at No.1, I just want to say that the elements are really taking a stand, because it would take a Fire to replace Oceans and Water. (Captain Planet would be proud.) If this coincidental pattern continues, I think Drops in the Ocean, or perhaps Touch the Sky, as the closest thing we have to air, should go to No.1.
New to the Top 10 is Matthew West with Day One. The carrier single of West’s latest album, Live Forever, Day One makes the Top 10 in its 17th week on the chart, not too fast, but certainly a welcome situation, because had it not gone into the Top 10, it would have become West’s first-ever carrier single to not make the Top 10. So I’m very glad it did. And on a fortuitous date too; 11 years ago this week, West’s first major-label release, More, debuted at No.1 on the Billboard Hot Christian Songs chart.
This Week (Last week) “Title,” Artist
1. (1) Oceans (Where Feet May Fail), Hillsong United
2. (3) Soul on Fire, Third Day
3. (2) Something in the Water, Carrie Underwood
4. (5) Brother, Needtobreathe featuring Gavin De Graw
5. (4) Because He Lives (Amen), Matt Maher
6. (6) Drops in the Ocean, Hawk Nelson
7. (8) Shoulders, for King and Country
8. (7) Greater, MercyMe
9. (10) I Am Not Alone, Kari Jobe
10. (12) Day One, Matthew West
The top 25 are here in this Spotify playlist! Come and subscribe to it!