Billboard Top Christian Songs – September 15, 2012
This week on Billboard’s Top Christian Songs chart, Matt Redman’s 10000 Reasons (Bless the Lord) spends a seventh non-consecutive week at number one, fending off Tenth Avenue North’s Losing, which swaps places with tobyMac’s Me Without You, 3-2. New to the Top 10 is Big Daddy Weave’s Redeemed, which moves up 11-7; Sidewalk Prophets’ Live Like That slips again out of the Top 10. Hotshot Debut honors go to Sanctus Real’s Promises – oddly enough, #81 on the Hot 100, ahead of Redman, tobyMac, and a host of other acts – and Greatest Gainer honors go to MercyMe’s You Are I Am, which leaps up half the chart, 44-25.
Of course, the big news is tobyMac’s number one debut on the Billboard 200 with Eye on It. It’s the first Christian number one album since Leann Rimes’ You Light Up My Life in 1997.
1. (1) Matt Redman 10000 Reasons
2. (3) Tenth Avenue North Losing
3. (2) tobyMac Me Without You
4. (4) Building 429 Where I Belong
5. (5) Matthew West Forgiveness
7. (11) Sidewalk Prophets Live Like That
6. (8) Chris August Center of It
10. (6) MercyMe The Hurt and the Healer
35. (new) Sanctus Real Promises
25. (44) MercyMe You Are I Am